TELECOM SERVICESJune 1, 2022 2022-06-01 12:44
BKTRON has comprehensive Mobile Network Security experience and can assist mobile operators to reduce risk factors from a highly challenging environment. Media visibility for Mobile Operators is evident and any security lapse or outage can seriously damage consumer confidence. With BKTRON you can be assured the solution offered is strategic, multi-dimensional and driven to meet your absolute requirements.
Fraud comes in many forms and types and each one can severely damage a company. From contractual or procedural fraud to hacking fraud, all types have negative, adverse affects on a company. For the purpose of this discussion, however, the focus will be on technical fraud.
BKTRON will evaluate all busioness process specific areas of a mobile company’s systems which constitute the high risk areas for internal mobile fraud.
The exceptional growth in mobile and wireless communications gives rise to serious problems of security at the level of the subscriber, network operator, and service provider.
The causes of such rise, typically due to the fragility of the wireless link nature, the mobility features, and the variety of the provided services, can be classified into the following six categories:
a) the physical weaknesses and limitations of mobile and communications;
b) the architecture limitations;
c) the complexity of services;
d) the user requirements;
e) the contents of provided services; and
f) the evolution of hacking techniques
The mobile telecommunications industry faces numerous challenges protecting their networks from internal and external fraud. It has been estimated that the combined financial loss to mobile companies from fraud may be in excess of $25 billion dollars. The largest portion, external fraud, is the easiest to detect because a company’s switching systems capture the usage, which can be analyzed to identify the perpetrator.
- The switch, system’s filtering mechanism
- VMS (Voicemail System)
- HLR (Home Location Registry)
- process chain, mediation
- the billing system is explored to show how its consumer rate tables can be changed to affect the pricing scheme of a fraudulent employee’s bill.
BKTRON provides comprehensive security solutions and consulting services in the following Mobile Network Operator environments;
- Mobile Packet Backbone – SGSN and GGSN / Gn interface and GTP inspection
- Gi interface Firewall – Complex NAT and performance and scaling designs
- Inbound and Outbound Roaming Data Users – Gp and GRX Security
- Value Added Services (VAS) – Securing the VAS IN nodes.
- Secure APN (Access Point Name) with dynamic profiling and generating additional revenue
- National Mobile Operators Interconnect for Mobile Number Portability and national MMS
- Security of the control and signalling plane – SIGTRAN / SCTP protocol
- Corporate / Extranet connections with Mobile Operators – Banks and Governments
- Lawful Intercept (LI)
- Network Security for OSS / BSS and NMS systems.
- Mobile Backhaul Security for LTE deployments
- iDNS and eDNS security
- Mobile Network 3G/UMTS and LTE Security Architecture Assessment, Review and Audit
- Virtual Mobile Network Operator Security